The OWLS Academy Trust Pledge
This Pledge has been drawn up to be signed by directors, governors, leadership team and unions/staff as a way of ensuring agreement, consistency and continuity about what we value within The OWLS Academies Trust and how we would want to ensure some way of future proofing in turbulent times of change the values and principles we hold dear that has impacted on the ethos, culture and vision at The OWLS Academies Trust.
- We will continue to strive for excellent provision to ensure outstanding outcomes for the pupils we teach. Quality teaching and learning will remain our central priority and our core focus.
- We will invest in people. Training and professional development opportunities will be sought and obtained in order to empower our staff, trustees and governors at every level to be the very best that they can be and make a difference to the profession. We will continue to promote mutual respect.
- We will ensure transparency and parity in pay and conditions for staff and also be supportive, responsive and flexible to family, social, physical and emotional well-being. We value student and staff well-being.
- Equity is at our heart and everyone within OWLS is important; we are the sum of the parts and we will continue to respect and celebrate the diversity in our socio-economic, cultural, linguistic and faith identities.
- We will continue to ensure that pupil/student voice is loud and strong; and that they play an important role in our schools.
- We will be brave, daring to be different, assess and take the opportunities that benefit our pupils/pupils, staff and partnerships; we will continue to be entrepreneurial, innovate and take risks in the modern changing world and we will ask the big questions. We will lead as well as respond to change to make a positive difference for all associated with The OWLS Academy Trust.
- We will ensure transparency, fairness and parity in our approach to a comprehensive admissions policy and promote opportunities for all. We strive to be approachable and accessible to all learners.
- We will work responsibly and positively with our learning communities and with all our partnerships - to ensure that we are in tune with the needs of our community. Our community extends from the internal and local to the international and global.
- We will continue to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all learners and develop unique and bespoke pathways at every stage of the learning journey that support the needs of each of our individual learners and promote opportunities for them to attain and achieve their full potential.
- We recognise the importance of the learning and working environment and seek continually and innovatively to improve and develop them.
- We are passionate about learning and value research and believe that it contributes to innovation and the positive development of our schools. We want to share this passion for learning with all associated with our Trust and ensure that learning is enjoyable and reflects in strong mature relationships.
- We aspire to have, maintain and develop a “world-class profile” evident by,
- Outstanding Ofsted rating;
- Data to confirm amongst top schools nationally;
- Strong, active and effective partnerships resulting in; opportunities to influence, support and challenge;
- An international perspective to our work benefiting our pupils and staff;
- Strong and meaningful progression routes for all of our pupils/pupils and staff.