Our values underpin all that we do, putting children at the heart of every decision.
Aspiration, Confidence, Creativity, Enjoyment, Perseverance, Pride, Responsibility, Compassion, Integrity, Respect
The OWLS Multi Academy Trust was established in September 2013 with two outstanding Leicestershire schools as their founder member. Since then we have grown to nine schools with further schools looking to join in the coming years.
The ethos behind the Trust is one of sustainable school improvement; schools joining the Trust do so with the prime aim of improving themselves and each other so that they can all become outstanding schools driven by a self-improving system. This is achieved through the development and embedding of the professional continuum; attracting high calibre trainees to our Schools, nurturing talent, providing high quality bespoke CPD to shape careers and ensuring we grow our own inspirational school leaders. Together we can achieve excellence. This ethos is guided by our core principles:
- Children first - at the heart of every decision is 'will this benefit our children'?
- Aspiration for all - children, staff, families and local communities to aim high and dream big. Look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Ensuring our schools are at the heart of their communities, leading social change.
- Supporting meaningful partnerships - schools that support and challenge each other to become the best schools in the universe through mutual accountability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement - to strive to provide the best opportunities for our children so that they can look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Primary led - this is our area of passion and expertise and we focus on developing the whole child and each child as an individual.
We aim for our schools to be the best schools!
The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
What does the OWLS Academy Trust believe?
We place the child at the centre of everything we do. We have high expectations and aspirations for every child.
We are advocates for children. Together, we build a community of pro-social, emotionally competent, independent learners through:
- Take ownership of our behaviour as individuals
- Have the courage to think and act independently
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Understand the circumstances and viewpoints of others
- Develop the capacity to forgive others and ourselves
- Celebrate the contributions of others
- Promote a peaceful, caring and safe community
- Stand up for what we believe
- Be honest with ourselves and others
- Demonstrate fairness in our judgments and actions
- Fulfil commitments and promises
- Believe in the inherent dignity of all people
- Celebrate individuality
- Value and appreciate diversity
- Honour self and others through words and actions
Together as a community we are committed to:
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Challenging our ideas and strategy
- Helping one another to ask the right questions